When super-successful people talk I listen. And when someone like Rich Schefren talks I pay real close attention. Recently I was watching some older DVD’s I had purchased of one of the many Internet Marketing Conferences (I forget which one) and Rich shared his business goal setting formula. I grabbed a pen and paper and took copious notes and I wanted to share it with you, my loyal readers.
So Rich’s system works like this:
Step 1: Write down what your goal is in your business.
Let’s say for the sake of this example, you want to earn $150,000 a year.
Step 2: What are the obstacles that are standing between you and your goal?
So in the example above you may have the following obstacles:
- You don’t have any low-priced products to attract customers
- You don’t have any mid-tier products to make money and excite affiliates
- You don’t have any prospects to market to
- No product funnel in place
Step 3: Now convert all those problems into goals.
Let’s continue with the example above:
The first problem is that you don’t have any low-priced products to attract customers and get leads. So that problem now becomes the goal of creating 5 low-priced products.
No mid-tier products becomes create 3 mid-tier products and so on.
Step 4: Turn all those goals into a sequential list.
Decide what needs to be done first, second, third etc.
Now comes the magic.
Step 5: Now look for shortcuts to achieving this goal in the least amount of time with the least amount of effort by asking yourself the following questions:
- What if I had to do this in 1/4 the amount of time?
- What if my goal was five times bigger?
- Are all of these goals really necessary in order to achieve this outcome?
- Is there a way to sidestep or shortcut this process?
Sometimes several obstacles can be combined into one solution or goal. For example, having no lead generator, being unknown in the market and having no list can all be solved by creating a great free report.
Step 6: Rewrite your final list of goals sequentially and set a deadline for each one.
Once you’ve done that, get cracking and working toward achieving your goal.
A final choice is to watch the FREE Business Growth Webinar that is specifically for online entrepreneurs who are:
- Disappointed With The Progress They’re Making Online…
- Struggling With Too Much To Do And Too Many Choices…
- Unsure Of What To Do Next, And Which Problems To Fix…
And of course, go through this 6 step goal setting process and watch your business get totally revolutionized.